When snacking on the wrong food it could take your gains on a U-turn, and you end up feeling drowsy and knackered. Your workouts may not be as efficient as they would be and you may think, “What’s the point” of eating healthy now that you’ve snacked on the wrong things.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Whether you’re a sweet tooth baby or have a gluttony stomach, this article contains a variety of snacks that will take your diet to a whole new level in order to forge a fitter, healthier body.
The purpose of snacks is to suppress your momentary hunger between meals, and I will show you ten healthy snacks you can use to help you get shredded, crush your nutritional goals, and achieve your dream physique. These are low-calorie, protein-rich, and nutrient-dense foods that taste great and are easy to make.
Healthy Fitness Meals: Sweet Snacks For Weight Loss
#1 – Greek Yogurt and Blueberries
A simple combination of greek yogurt and blueberries is an impeccable balance of protein, sweetness, and fiber, which will hold you up until your next meal.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place yogurt into a bowl.
- Top yogurt with blueberries.
#2 – Fruit Topped Rice Cake
Rick cakes on their own can be quite dry and boring, though you can level this up by adding fruit to them to elevate the taste and sweetness to a whole new level. You can choose any fruit of your choice, for this one, I highly recommend strawberries and blueberries.
- 2 rice cake pieces
- 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced)
- ½ cup blueberries (sliced)
- Place 2 rice cake pieces onto a plate.
- Slice strawberries and blueberries into small pieces.
- Top fruits on rice cake pieces.
#3 – Frozen Grapes
When the late-night cravings arrive, stay out of the cupboard and grab yourself a handful of frozen red grapes. They make a great ice-cream alternative because the texture is similar!
- 10 red grapes
- Wash and rinse grapes for around 30 seconds.
- Place grapes into a freezer bag and put them in the freezer for 3 hours.
#4 – Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
If you have Greek yogurt and raspberries in your fridge, then you can make a refreshing, smooth, creamy, delicious, healthy raspberry frozen yogurt. This is perfect for movie nights and summer.
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 1 ½ cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- The frozen yogurt can be served at this point. For a firmer texture, transfer the mixture into a container and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
#5 – Jello (Sugar-Free)
This snack will really help satisfy your sweet tooth. They are convenient and can be portion-controlled. It’s basically water, but it doesn’t have a lot of nutrition value to it, hence why this is last in the list of healthy sweet snacks for weight loss.
- Jell-o gelatin mix
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- Pour the powdered gelatin mix into a mixing bowl.
- Add boiling water to the gelatin mix, and stir for 2 minutes until it’s completely dissolved.
- Stir in the cold water.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until the jello is firm and doesn’t stick to your fingers when touched.
High Protein Snacks For Weight Loss
#6 – Berry Protein Smoothie
Smoothies are life hacks as they are super quick to make and consume. They’re slammed packed with nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and best of all, they taste delicious.
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop whey protein
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until the ingredients become smooth.
#7 – Peanut Butter Energy Balls
This ultimate easy no-bake is made out of only 6 ingredients and makes the perfect snack that tastes like cookie dough.
- 1 1/2 cups no-stir creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 1/3 rolled oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Mix the no-stir creamy peanut butter, honey, rolled oats, vanilla protein powder, salt, and mini dark chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix until the ingredients are combined well.
- Use a spoon to drop energy balls onto a wax paper-covered cookie sheet. They should be around 1 inch in size.
- Roll the energy balls with your hands to form the shape.
- Place a cookie sheet with the energy bites on it in the fridge for 1 hour, or until the balls are hardened.
- Transfer energy balls to a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer.
#8 – Deviled Eggs
Eggs are high in protein and amino acids, they’re delicious, convenient, and super fast to make.
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice them in half.
- Remove the yolk to a small spoon and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Mix the yolk with dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir everything until it’s smooth.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white.
#9 – Tuna Sandwich (Whole Wheat Bread)
Tuna is an excellent source of essential nutrients such as Omega-3. It has incredible benefits from lowering the risk of heart disease, strengthening your bones, improving the immune system, and helping with weight loss.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 canned tuna
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Open canned tuna and add it into a bow. Mix with mustard until it has even consistency.
- Scoop tuna into two slices of bread to make a sandwich.
#10 – Mixed Nuts (Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Cashews, Almonds)
This is one of my favorite snacks which are packed with fats, protein, and they’re calorie-dense. Nuts are rich in protective antioxidants, support gut health, and may aid weight management.
- 4 pieces walnuts
- 4 pieces hazelnuts
- 4 pieces cashews
- 4 pieces almonds
- Open each nut package
- Mix walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, and almonds into a bowl.
How To Get Skinny Fast: Fact or Fiction?
Truth to be told, it is possible to get skinny fast and the two ultimate combinations to achieve this is a high-quality diet coupled with a consistent and well-structured fitness routine. Before we get into the nitty-gritty about how to get skinny fast, there are a couple of things that you need to take into consideration:
- Weight loss is something that is a gradual process, not a race. According to Mayo Clinic, a healthy way to lose weight is to lose 1-2 pounds or 0.5-1 kg per week.
- Avoid fad diets that promise to lose a large amount of weight in a short period of time. These diets will put you at risk of nutritional deficiency, which can lead to health issues.
- Speak to your doctor or dietician before beginning any diet or exercise routine to lose weight as they can offer you professional, qualified advice that is tailored to you.
To lose weight in a fast and safe manner, you should follow these 5 steps to weight loss success:
- Set stringent goals – For example, “My goal is to lose 8 pounds in 4 weeks by sticking to a balanced lean protein, 1800 calories a day diet, and exercise for at least 3 hours a week”. These goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timed)
- Stay motivated – Get yourself a workout partner, this could be either in person or virtual. Who’s your fitness role model? Establish who they are and learn as much as you can about their routines, disciplines, and follow in their footsteps.
- Consume a protein-rich and low-carb diet – Protein will enable you to stay full while resisting the urge to snack between meals. A 2018 study recommended that you intake 0.71 grams, to 1 gram per body weight. Also, a low-carb diet, specifically a ketogenic diet, induces rapid induction of weight loss.
- Get active and stay active – Exercise can help you burn lots of calories, especially calisthenics due to the majority of exercises being compound movements, which utilize more muscle groups in a single movement. Think about how many muscles are activated when doing pull ups?
- Rinse and repeat – Stick to these 4 tips and weight will go down gradually with time.
The Takeaways: Healthy Fitness Meals To Get You Shredded
So there you have it, guys, ten amazing, easy, and convenient snacks at your arsenal to help you stay on track with your fitness goals. These snacks I’ve mentioned should satisfy your cravings for all occasions because they sure do so for me!
If you suffer from a sweet tooth, you could greek yogurt with berries, jello shot, or fruit-topped rice cakes. But if you’re super hungry, you could go for a tuna sandwich or peanut butter protein balls, or a berry protein smoothie. Please consume these snacks in moderation, however. Just because they’re healthy snacks doesn’t mean that you can devour 5 portions of them in one sitting. If you take only one portion and wait it out until your next meal, trust me, your dream Baywatch bod will come!
I hope you find value in this article. If you liked it, you may want a personalized step-by-step training and diet program that is easy to follow and offers you fast results. If so, try our 30-Day Weight Loss Program that will assign you an expert coach who can guide you on a bi-weekly basis to lose weight and get stronger as quickly as possible.
I’m Pat Chadwick, a qualified Level 2 and Level 3 calisthenics coach and athlete from London, England, with six years of experience. I’ve competed in various UK competitions, including the Kalos Stenos Championships, where I achieved third place in the lightweight category. My passion is highlighting the beauty of calisthenics as an authentic and pure form of body expression. I believe that everyone has the potential to become a champion of their body and mind, and that calisthenics opens the door to personal empowerment.